Position Title: Director – Software Testing
About Accolite: Accolite Software is a cutting edge information technology services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with three development centers in Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad, India. We are focused on serving Fortune 500 Customers in Healthcare, Banking and Financial Services, Telecommunications and Automotive Verticals. The company is laser focused on producing the best technical talent in these Verticals and solving most complex technical and business problems. For more info,visit Accolite-work-with-us ; Accolite- Silicon Review
The Software Test Director will be responsible setting up strategic direction for engineering, as well as tactical operations, setting up and enforcing development and testing processes and methodologies, tracking progress of releases, and developing and adhering to key quality matrices. The candidate will be responsible for working with the senior staff on developing roadmap, making judicious decisions on product feature trade-offs, schedules, and budget. He/She will work collaboratively across multiple functions, and will be responsible for building and retaining world class teams.
• Oversee all QA activities and processes for multiple software products and systems.
• Act as the Quality advocate for the company - looking to instill quality in all deliverables from conception to release.
• Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company, industry and regulatory standards.
• Lead implementation, control, and distribution of all Quality Assurance programs, practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics.
• Ensure product deliveries, commitments to the organization and overall departmental goals.
• Investigate problems and develop disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
• Provide feedback and input for software development standards and practices.
• Review results of major and final tests to determine if product specifications are met and are in line with requirements and standards.
• Work as a business/technical consultant with clients, analysts, and team members to develop solutions to meet complex business needs.
• Plan and develop departmental budgets in accordance with established guidelines; administer compliance to meet budgetary goals and negotiate changes as required.
• Provide reporting to staff, colleagues, senior management and clients on a regular basis to ensure all relative and critical information is clearly and expeditiously shared.
• Responsible for assigned personnel regarding employment, career development, performance evaluations, salary recommendations, promotions, transfers and terminations within established policies and guidelines.
• Review technical and business processes, standards and procedures making recommendations for continuous improvement.
Key Skills: Quality Assurance,QA process,Automation & Manual
Experience: 15 – 20 Years
Education: Full Time Bachelors / Master’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred).
Skills and Competencies:
• 15+ years of experience or equivalent proficiency in managing people and applications design and development.
• Understanding and practical application experience with software development and testing.
• Ability to present and interact comfortably with senior and executive level management.
• Ability to manage other management and leadership staff with direct reports and provide leadership and guidance to management staff.
• Strong process improvement and change management skills with the ability to influence positive organizational change while building, maintaining and growing business relationships.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to influence decisions by illustrating value proposition of proposed solutions.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to drive positive change, but remain flexible to supporting business needs.
• Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to work with peers, subordinates and business partners to reach consensus that results in maximum value with minimal impacts.
• Ability to effectively manage many competing demands while allowing for time to grow, mentor and coach staff, especially staff in management and leadership roles.
• Full understanding of level management and proper escalation procedures knowing when and how to properly escalate issues.
• Strong project management skills especially in the areas of resource, time, budget and risk management processes.
• Understanding and practical application experience with various SDLC and QA methodologies and processes.
• Understanding and practical application experience with various project management methodologies.
• Able to understand the architecture and design of software programs in order to provide appropriate test coverage and identify risks.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, and ability to clearly articulate key points both written and verbally.
• Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple teams and domain areas with limited supervision.